Monday, January 4, 2016

Back on Track for 2016

Things fell apart for me and my exercise commitment about midway through December.

Here's why it still wasn't the same as before:

In previous years, I had no exercise commitment. 

So there!

Feels good to look at that.

Getting back there today wasn't easy, per se, but it wasn't bad. I set the bar low: I just had to show up.

My stats show a one pound gain in the last two weeks. Not great, but ok considering.

My plan for 2016 is to build on the momentum and the exercise foundation. I think I'm ready to change my eating.

It's not possible for me to give up anything completely so I'm not going to do that. I'm going to take my dietary upgrades week by week and not doom myself if I veer off. I know what I'm supposed to do.

My biggest issues are:

Portion control
Too much sugar
Too much alcohol

So I'm going to focus on those things.

I'm tracking my meals on My Fitness Pal and we'll see how it goes.

This month, I two fun trips planned that will involve eating and drinking: MLK weekend to San Diego and Palm Springs and New Orleans the last weekend for my birthday.

My plan is to stay the course this month on the days I'm not traveling. That gives me about a week this month to "play."

In other news, I got a new camera for Christmas from my husband and I took a couple of photo walks. Way better than eating or drinking.




No comments:

Post a Comment