Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Not Quite Ready for My Close-Up, Mr. DeMille






Midweek, I'm back at the gym and tracking. That's me, up there, amid my very messy office. I'm determined to take photos of myself as part of this process. I am also doing some decluttering, but you have to break eggs to make an omelette. I was going to try and do a video post today, but I chickened out. Maybe next week.

Friday is the scale day so not sure what to expect when I step on. I admit to weighing in whenever I go to the gym, but the only one that counts is Friday. I've been officially tracking and monitoring and limiting intake for two weeks. I have data. Promising data. But, I'm not going to report any real numbers unless I get below the hover weight. Not there yet.

I got a haircut today and some new clothes. Trying to treat myself like someone feeling good about herself. I'm not smaller, but I DO feel good.

I came back from a weekend in Tahoe with five other families. We had a great time, despite tween hormones (three girls and seven boys ages 8 through 12), living with 20 people for a few days, not being into skiing, and wanting to play it cool with the imbibing and the eating. We took turns making somewhat healthy meals and no one really sat around eating mindlessly. I have had some good times with these families, but all the moms, at least, are in a state of wanting to tone down some of the antics from our earlier days. Sounds fine to me.

The weekend was great. Beautiful, warm weather, but enough snow on the ground to keep the kids occupied. All the old people are low-carbing it so it was rather subdued in both eating and alcohol intake.

And, Lake Tahoe is just lovely, no matter what.

My daughter took this shot while driving to a sledding park.



We started out going to Camp Richardson in South Lake Tahoe about six years ago with Cub Scouts and the boys and families have been friends ever since. They're in Boy Scouts now and in different troops, but we decided to try and keep the tradition alive.

Yes, that's MY son in shorts and a t-shirt while all the others are dressed somewhat appropriately.


I took one last photo of my two at the sign (we have six years of these now).


Also, my oldest, Miles is now 12. Hard to believe...



No comments:

Post a Comment