Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Day 5 on my 90 day challenge

This is just a quick check-in as I careen toward my first weigh in on Friday.

So, how's that Med. Diet going? Pretty well. My main goal is to have 1/2 my plate at each meal be something fresh (fruit/veggies). It's good that I'm doing this in the peak of yummy fruit and veggie season. I'm avoiding red meat and opting for lean proteins: boneless skinless chicken, shrimp, fish, eggs. It's not too bad. 

The biggest challenge is alcohol! Not that I'm getting throwin' down drunk, but I can't seem to have one glass of anything, no matter what. So, Friday I killed nearly a bottle of wine on my own, on Saturday, I had four drinks (3 were wine, 1 was a French 75), on Sunday, probably another four glasses, and even last night I had 2. That's a lot of wasted calories. 

But, I made a light shrimp scampi one night. On the party night there were finger foods, and while I ate more than one of each, they seemed healthy enough. I didn't totally load up. Sunday I made this and it was yummy and there's enough for leftovers for lunch this week. 

Yesterday's lunch: leftover baked chickpeas "Nile Nachos" a la The Smitten Kitchen

Last night we had some pre-cooked chicken in a bag and I cooked that with a little olive oil and onions and tomatoes and served over pasta and also had strawberries and sugar snap peas on the side. (And two glasses of wine...d'oh). 

I also went to the gym on Monday and looks like I'll be good for a MWF gym success!

My son gets promoted to high school on Wednesday. 

I've been juggling a lot of balls these past two months and I seem to have dropped them all this week and that's stressing me out!





No comments:

Post a Comment